1. Plan Ahead and Prepare
- Know the regulations and special concerns for the area you’ll visit.
- Prepare for extreme weather, hazards, and emergencies.
- Schedule your trip to avoid times of high use.
- Visit in small groups when possible. Consider splitting larger groups into smaller groups.
- Repackage food to minimize waste.
- Use a map and compass to eliminate the use of marking paint, rock cairns or flagging.
For more information on the LNT Principles, click here.
Did you know?
Cordillera’s Mt. Pulag is the third highest mountain in the Philippines. It is also the highest peak of Luzon and it stands at approximately 2,922 meters above sea level (MASL).